We have 2 locations!
3/313 Little Collins Street
51 City Road
Remedial Massage Melbourne
We specialise in maintenance and prevention of pain and dysfunction, providing a drug-free, safe treatment to address a wide variety of issues. At MCNT – Remedial Massage Melbourne we can treat conditions such as:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Tension headache
- Jaw pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Tennis elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscular spasms
- Muscle cramps
- DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)
Come visit us at 313 Little Collins Street Melbourne
What Is Remedial Massage?
Remedial Massage uses physical pressure directly to skeletal muscle, this pressure can be applied using elbows, hands, fingers, forearms or a device. The purpose of remedial massage is to release tight muscles, adhesions in fascia and relieve pain and symptoms.
Remedial massage clients are generally treated whilst lying on a massage table or sitting in a massage chair depending on the clients situation and comfort level.
Our remedial massage therapists at MCNT Remedial Massage Melbourne focus on acute and chronic conditions that can result from any activity in your life but particularly repetitive activites. We treat clients from all different industries including office workers, dancers, sports people, performers and musicians.
If you would like to book a consultation with one of our therapists to discuss any pain or symptoms you may be experiencing you can give us a call on 03 9645 9923 or go to our BOOKING PAGE
Instant Health Fund Rebates
At Remedial Massage Melbourne we treat muscular pain, injury/damage and dysfunction that can affect movement and mobility. At remedial massage Melbourne our treatment is used to provide preventative, corrective and rehabilitative options to restore and maintain the muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia of the human body.
Symptoms of conditions we treat at remedial massage Melbourne can include stiffness, fatigue, numbness or a tingling sensation, reduced range of motion of muscles and joints and weakness. Sometimes there can be lots of other symptoms depending on the issue and people can have one or many symptoms.
Remedial massage therapists can treat many conditions including:
- Stiffness & pain associated with poor posture
- Associated joint & vertebral dysfunction & pain
- Knee, leg & foot pain – shin splints, patella tracking dysfunction, runners knee, ankle sprains
- Sporting & occupational injuries
- Acute & chronic conditions affecting function & mobility
- Rehabilitative stage of an injury or illness
- Hand & finger numbness / tingling – thoracic outlet syndrome
- Acute and chronic stiff and painful neck
- Chronic overuse syndromes – tendonitis, RSI, tennis/golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel
- Acute & chronic back pain / ‘sciatica’
- Scoliosis / Kyphosis
- Headaches / migraines
- Shoulder pain, impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder
- Arthritis / Multiple Sclerosis
- Pregnancy – pre/post natal complaints
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Pain & dysfunction associated with stress & tension
What to expect from a remedial massage session at Melbourne Natural Therapies:
Assessment – Our remedial massage therapists take a detailed history of your issue or injury, often they will also d some range of motion testing pre and post treatment.
Treatment – Trigger Point Therapy, Cupping, Myofascial dry needling, Myofascial release, Soft tissue manipulation, Thermal therapy / Cryotherapy, Core stability exercises, workshops, Postural assessment and correction, Corrective exercises (stretches, strength) and Diet and nutritional advice.
Offering Exellent Options For Athletes | Remedial Massage Melbourne
As a professional in the sports industry, you want your body to perform at its best. You simply can’t even participate in any sports competition without having optimal fitness levels. The only way you can ensure that you not only participate in all the pre-qualifying rounds but also make it to the finals and come home as a winner is making sure your muscles are at their best and at Remedial Massage Melbourne we can help you optimise your body for peak performance in the field or court.
At Remedial Massage Melbourne we realise that optimal performance levels simply cannot be ignored considering the level of competition in today’s sports world.
How remedial massage is used:
- remedial massage is used to prepare an athlete for competition
- remedial massage is used as a treatment approach to help the athlete recover quickly after a competition or exercise
- remedial massage is used as a tool to enhance athletic performance on the field
- remedial massage is used as a manual therapy intervention for various sports-related musculoskeletal injuries
Let us have a look at some of the benefits you as an athlete can achieve by getting regular remedial massage therapy from a qualified chiropractor:
Benefits of Remedial Massage for the Athletes
- Remedial massage helps prevent injury
- Remedial massage helps reduce pain and stiffness during training and recovery by breaking down scar tissues, fibrous tissues, and adhesions, and, in overworked tissues
- Remedial massage helps improve the elasticity of the muscles, tendons, and ligaments around the joints, this helps improve joint mobility and enhances sports performance
- Remedial massage improves blood circulation and encourages the supply of essential nutrients needed for quick energy and recovery during times of intense training and competition.
HEADACHES | Remedial Massage Melbourne
It seems like everyone is affected by headaches these days. They are so common that we barely notice them anymore, but they are there and they sometimes stop us from performing our daily activities. We may blame hangover, stress, depression, workload, or little sleep to be the underlying cause of headaches; however, there are many other factors such as muscular tension, postural overload, imbalance of the nervous system, current or past injury, or pain referral that can trigger a tension headache. The good news is that many forms of headaches can be easily treated using remedial massage for headaches.
When used in conjunction with various stretching and targeted exercises, remedial massage can greatly minimize the discomforts associated with tension headaches and migraines. Remedial massage therapists use a number of techniques such as trigger point therapy, deep tissue massage, and myofascial release to relieve muscular tension, alleviate pain and prevent headaches.
A typical remedial massage for headaches treatment plan starts with a detailed full-spine assessment, X-rays, MRI scans, and a detailed medical history, to access the root cause of the problem. A comprehensive treatment plan is prepared depending on the outcomes of the assessment. The treatment plan may include:
- using different massage techniques to relieve the muscle tension
- adjustment and mobilizations to align the spine
- stress reduction techniques to relieve muscle tension
- stretching exercises to strengthen posture and spinal function
- post massage follow up
- dietary advice to ensure the body is getting enough nutrients and optimum hydration
One remedial massage treatment session is all you need for normal stress-related headaches, but for a more severe and persistent migraine, you need a tailor-made ongoing treatment plan for your long-term headache management and overall health and well-being.
Although not a cure for all headaches, remedial massage for headaches certainly plays a big role in reducing the pain, discomfort, and duration associated with common headaches and migraine.
Remedial Massage For Headaches
Remedial Massage Melbourne