We have 2 locations!
3/313 Little Collins Street
(Opposite Royal Arcade)
M16 | Mid Level Southgate Complex
(Opposite Flinders St Station)
What Is Remedial & Myotherapy?
remedial and myotherapy is applied using manual pressure directly to skeletal muscle and other tissues of the body, the pressure can be applied using elbows, hands, fingers, forearms or a device. The purpose of remedial and myotherapy is to lengthen tight muscles, release adhesions in fascia, relieve pain and symptoms and ultimately maintain a healthy body for a pain free life.
Remedial & myotherapy clients are generally passive and treated whilst lying on a table or sitting in a chair depending on the clients situation, physical state and comfort level.
Our remedial & myotherapists therapists at MCNT | Remedial Massage Melbourne are able to treat acute and chronic conditions that can result from any activity in life but particularly repetitive activities. We treat clients from all different industries including office workers, dancers, sports people, performers and musicians.
If you would like to book a consultation with one of our therapists to discuss any pain or symptoms you may be experiencing you can give us a call on 03 9645 9923 or go to our BOOKING PAGE
What Can Remedial & Myotherapy Treat?
At Melbourne Natural Therapies we specialise in the maintenance and prevention of muscular pain and dysfunction, we use evidence based, safe treatments to address a wide variety of muscular/physical issues. At Remedial Massage Melbourne we can treat conditions such as:
- Tension headache
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Tennis elbow / Golfers elbow
- Frozen shoulder
- Jaw pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscular spasms
- Muscle cramps
- DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)
Come visit us at 313 Little Collins Street Melbourne or M16, Mid Level Soutgate Complex Southbank
Instant Health Fund Rebates
What to expect from a session at Melbourne Natural Therapies:
Remedial massage therapists take a detailed history of your issue or injury, often they will also do some range of motion testing pre and post treatment.
Remedial massage treatment can include many different treatment options including trigger point therapy, cupping, myofascial dry needling, myofascial release, soft tissue manipulation, thermal therapy / cryotherapy, core stability exercises, postural assessment and correction, corrective exercises (stretches, strength).
Treatment Options For Athletes
Remedial Massage Melbourne
All professional and semi-professional athletes need their bodies performing at their best. One of the most important things you can do to ensure your body is functioning at it’s optimum is to keep up your remedial body massage sessions.
At MCNT | Remedial Massage Melbourne we realise that optimal performance levels simply cannot be ignored considering the level of competition in today’s sports world.
How Remedial Treatment is used:
- remedial treatment is used to prepare an athlete for competition
- remedial treatment is used as a treatment approach to help the athlete recover quickly after a competition or exercise
- remedial treatment is used as a tool to enhance athletic performance on the field
- remedial treatment is used as a manual therapy intervention for various sports-related musculoskeletal injuries
Let’s have a look at some of the benefits you as an athlete can achieve by getting regular remedial therapy:
Benefits of Remedial & Myotherapy for the Athletes
Physical Benefits | Remedial Massage Melbourne
- Remedial treatment helps prevent injury
- Remedial treatment helps reduce pain and stiffness during training and recovery by breaking down scar tissues, fibrous tissues, and adhesions, and, in overworked tissues
- Remedial massage helps improve the elasticity of the muscles, tendons, and ligaments around the joints, this helps improve joint mobility and enhances sports performance
Physiological Benefits | Remedial Massage Melbourne
- Remedial treatment improves blood circulation and encourages the supply of essential nutrients needed for quick energy and recovery during times of intense training and competition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, remedial massage is a specialised type of massage that can treat a wide range of different physical issues and symptoms. Remedial therapist have a much higher standard of qualification to a standard massage therapist.
At Melbourne Natural Therapies we believe treatment doesn’t need to be painful. We work within each clients comfort level to achieve the desired outcome.
No, we have many clients that just come in for a massage. We treat many different conditions however we also see many clients for maintenance of their physical health.
Sure can! All our remedial massaeg therapists are registered with an industry association and all major health funds.
Occasionally client are a little sore the next day, however this doesn’t last long and with regular treatment this reaction doesn’t seem to occur.
Home massage isn’t something we offer unfortunately
Check out our massage reviews below: